01 Feb FREED Project Innovations in Energy Technology are now in their development stage.
A major milestone has been achieved by the FREED Project Partners.
University of Oulu (UO) as Lead Partner, South West College (SWC), Western Development Commission (WDC), Green Angel Syndicate (GAS), Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT) and European Institute for Innovation (EIfI) have succeeded in identifying six relevant innovative energy solutions supplied by local SMEs, each based in a different area of the Northern Periphery and Arctic Region.
This milestone was reached following three specific phases of activity:
- Research, identification and mapping of the shared innovation needs of each region
- The Invitation to Tender for energy innovations addressed to local SMEs
- The selection of the successful bidders as shown in the reported graph
The Needs Analysis carried out by each Partner underlined many specific areas for Innovation in Energy Technologies in NPA Region. Two areas were identified as being common to almost all of the partners: Energy Storage and IoT Solutions.
The six different projects supported by Partners include:
- an intelligent illumination system supported by UO
- a high performance air-to-air mini heat pump supported by WDC
- a battery controller technology supported by WDC
- a small anaerobic digestion plant integrated with batteries supported by LIT
- a modular system of battery characterized by high portability and flexibility supported by EIFI